Payment types are used in drop down lists when taking payment and in revenue reporting. This page allows business to customize the payment types. Click View Content for more details.
1) Add/Modify Payment types. Any payment types that are added here are for reporting purposes only and do not connect to any banking institutions.
2) * Asterisks identify the system default payment types. These cannot be edited or deleted. Unprocessed and Paw Point Redemption are used internally by the system.
3) Sort order is applied in the drop downs when taking payments.
4) Edit: Custom payment type names can be changed if they are not being used in any existing orders.
5) Status: Active payment types show up in drop downs when taking payments or modifying orders, inactive do not. Inactive types continue to be reflected in existing order but cannot be used for future payments.
6) Delete: Payment type names can be deleted if they are not being used in any existing orders.
7) Default: One payment type can be selected as the default. The default will appear in the payment type drop down when processing an order.
Note: When not integrated with a Merchant Services Provided, all payment types are for reporting purposes only and do not connect to any banking institutions. When integrated with a Merchant Services Provider, credit and/or Clover Mini are the only two payment types that can apply to that integration, all others continue to be for reporting purposes. Please contact your merchant services provider if you have any questions about using integrated payments.
When integrated with a merchant services provider and the "credit" payment type is active, it can be selected as a default and the default credit option can also be selected.
When integrated with a merchant services provider and a BOLT device is set up by First Class Merchant Services, it will appear in the credit Option section, existing bolt devices are listed on the page and the tip settings for the bolt device are shown. The bolt device name can be modified, if using more than one bolt device the sort order will control the order they are listed on the checkout page.
Bolt Tip Settings:
Tip Prompt is limited to 22 characters due to the screen size of the bolt device.
If the "Accept Tips" is not selected the device will now show an option to tip, but it still will provide a customer facing option for payments.
Up to three tip percentages can be displayed on the bolt device. To give your pet owners an option to no leave a tip we recommend using the 0% option. A custom tip option will be displayed on the device if the accept tips is checked to allow pet owners want to manually enter a tip amount.
Example of how the default settings appear on the owner payment page. In this example credit is default payment type, bolt device is the default method, and the Front Desk device is preferred device based on sort order: