To access the Boarding By Kennel screens begin in the PetExec menu Daycare & Boarding-->Boarding by Kennel.
Enter a date range and click "search".
Once you click search the boarding by kennel screen is displayed and you have following options:
- Unassigned Pets are listed at the top of the page. You can assign a pet to a kennel by clicking on the pets name and dragging and dropping to the preferred kennel. When you do this you will be redirected to the Modify Boarding screen so that you can assign the kennel under the boarding pets screen.
- Click "Edit" to go to the modify boarding screens for that pet.
- You can reassign a pet to a kennel by clicking on their name and dragging and dropping to the new kennel.
- Use the "previous" and "next" buttons to move backwards and forwards in 6-day increments.
- Click to download into a spreadsheet.
- Click to print.
**See important notes below the screen shot regarding dragging and dropping kennel assignments.
If you use the drag and drop feature to assign kennels here in boarding by kennel it will manually override the kennel assignments that are made in the Modify Boarding, Boarding Pets page. For example if you assign a pet to a kennel in "modify boarding, boarding pets" that kennel will be held for the length of the boarding stay and it will not be available for other boarding reservations. If you change that kennel assignment by using the boarding by kennel drag and drop feature, click on the EDIT button to go to modify boarding and use the boarding pets screen to assign the kennel for that pet for the boarding reservation. This will change the kennel assignment and allow the original kennel to be assigned for another reservation.
PetExec will show you the kennels that have been assigned manually and therefore do not match the kennel assignments in the boarding reservation by shading them in BLUE in the Kennel Count screen.
There is an application preference that will allow you to disable the drag and drop feature of this Boarding by Kennel Screen. Go to Company Preference-->Application Preferences-->Boarding-->Disable Boarding by Kennel Drag and Drop.